- 1.2 The Australian Privacy Principles govern the use of "personal information", which is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonable identifiable. It need not matter that the information is correct or not or whether it is recorded in a material form or not.
- access your information;
- correct your information; and
- contact us if you are concerned with how your information is being used.
- 1.4 In this document 'We', 'Us', 'Our' or 'the Company' refers Gecko.Co Pty Limited (ACN 630 424 574). We operate the internet platform and APP known as Gecko (Platform).
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information collected and held by us about you, may include:
- date of birth;
- telephone numbers;
- e-mail address;
- drivers licence number;
- drivers licence state;
- employment application information; and
- any other relevant information.
2.2 How We Collect Personal InformationWe collect personal information in a number of ways, including
- directly from you, when you provide information by telephone, electronic messages (including email and SMS), in documents or otherwise through the Platform;
- directly from you, via our internet site and Platform (requests for information);
- from any users of our Platform (for example, in order to deal with complaints against you or to process any refund);
- from your agents or representatives who act on your behalf;
- from competition entry forms or at our promotional activities or sponsored events;
- from third parties we contract to collect and/or manage data on our behalf;
- from third parties who you have asked or permitted to provide your personal information (including those parties from whom you purchase goods and services);
- from marketing organisations, including through the use of purchased lists;
- from industry databases;
- from publicly available sources such as the Internet and telephone directories; and
- from law enforcement, dispute resolution, statutory and regulatory bodies.
2.3 Website CookiesWe may collect cookies from you about your visit to our website to help us to improve our website. Cookies are small information files which are sent to your computer’s hard drive or mobile device when you visit a website and it will recognise your device on future visits. For example, we may collect the time of your visit, whether you have visited our website previously, whether you used a search engine to find us and some geographical information. For information on disabling these cookies, please go to the privacy settings section within your browser. We may also use analytical web tools such as Google Analytics to collect visitor information for us to better understand how to improve our products and services for you. In addition to the session cookie, Google Analytics uses other data collection methods such as appending query strings to an image request. We store the data generated by Google Analytics securely. We also use other external service providers for the following purposes:
- for web hosting services for this website; and/or
- to gather non-personal information (using cookies) in order to evaluate the website's effectiveness, for example online marketing activities.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1 GeneralYour personal information may be used in order to:
- provide and market our services to you;
- communicate to you in relation to our products, services and our promotional activities;
- comply with our legal obligations;
- resolve complaints between you and other member of our Platform;
- monitor our performance and to help us manage our services;
- identify and contact individuals who do business with us;
- train our employees, agents and representatives;
- conduct customer and market research and analytics to improve the quality of our products and services;
- assess and process employment applications and manage employment issues; and
- handle complaints and disputes; and detect, investigating and preventing fraud.
3.2 Direct MarketingWe will not direct market to you unless you have been given an opportunity to opt out of receiving future direct marketing communications or unless you have otherwise consented to direct marketing. If you do not want to receive such offers from us or do not want us to disclose your personal information to our related entities for marketing purposes, you can opt out at any time by contacting us using our contact details provided below. We do not use or disclose sensitive information for the purposes of direct marketing.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 GeneralWe may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of the Company. These organisations may include
- outsourced service providers who manage services we provide to you including, but not limited to: mailing systems and direct marketing; market research; customer research; payment processors
- government, regularity, law enforcement authorities, organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- our related bodies corporate;
- the agent(s) of any of those entities referred to above;
- your employer (where applicable); and
- our advisors (including legal and accounting advisors).
4.2 Disclosure to Overseas RecipientsOur related entities and some of our service providers (including information technology service providers) may be located overseas and, as a result, personal information collected and held by us may be transferred overseas. The countries in which these recipients may be located will vary from time to time, but may include the US.
5. STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFROMATION
5.1 GeneralWe may hold your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- in our computer systems or databases, which may involve storing data on storage or computer systems provided by third party suppliers;
- in paper records; and/or
- in telephone recordings.
5.2 Help Us Ensure We Hold Accurate InformationWe take reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. We recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to this information such as your name and address..
5.3 You Can Access Your Personal InformationYou have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access your information, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons and we may charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
6.1 How To Contact UsIf you wish to notify us of your new contact details, update your personal information, opt out of direct marketing, make a complaint about a breach of privacy or have any questions in relation to the accuracy of your information or privacy, please contact our Information and Privacy Officer by:Telephone: +61 413 615 280Email: email@example.comMailOption: Information and Privacy Officer, UTS Building 15, Level 2 PO Box 123 Broadway 2007Website: gecko.rent
6.1 How To Contact UsIf you believe that we have interfered with your privacy in our handling of your personal information, you may lodge a complaint. We will attempt to resolve your complaint in accordance with our internal complaints resolution process.